My Profile Summary - Please contact me for an up-to-date copy of my resume:
I feel very proud and privileged to be qualified 8 years in Physiotherapy and I am extremely keen to further my knowledge and experience within this amazing career.
In those eight years I have worked in several diverse posts:
1. Interim Manager/Senior MSK Physiotherapist - South Kerry Physiotherapy - Cahersiveen Co. Kerry
2. Senior MSK Physiotherapist and Director of Operations Cayman Rehab Services
(May 2015 – January 2016).
3. Bank Physiotherapist Torbay Hospitals (May 2014 – May 2015). Cover included MSK Outpatients Newton Abbott, Paignton, Brixham. Falls senior speciality – Totnes. Care of the Elderly Rehab – Newton Abbott, Dartmouth, Totnes. Community care – Totnes.
4. Bank Physiotherapist Cornwall Hospitals (September 2014- December 2014). Newquay MSK Outpatients
5. Senior Band 5 at Mount Gould, Derriford July (2012- May 2014). Rotations included Neurological Outpatients, Stroke Rehabilitation unit, Care of the Elderly/Amputees and Community Therapy (9 monthly Rotations).
6. Junior Physiotherapist at Derriford Hospital (July 2008 – May 2012). Rotations covered were Orthopaedics (x2 six month rotations), Outpatients (x2 six month rotations), Acute Stroke Unit, Medical Respiratory,Intensive Care Unit/Surgical & Amputees (All 6 months rotations). I was an oncall Physiotherapist for three years.
7. Physiotherapist at a private Clinic in Limerick, Republic of Ireland (March 2008-July 2008). Sports injury and musculoskeletal conditions.
As a non exhaustive list I have undertaken these senior responsibilities;
• Acupuncture lead for a medium size private clinic.
• Supplementation of patients for a Shoulder Audit.
• Helping to induct Newly Qualified band 5 Junior Physiotherapists into the Intensive Care Unit setting.
• Setting up a specific neurological balance and falls class.
• Falls Specialist Lead for Totnes hospital.
• Clinical education of Physiotherapy Students.
• Notes Audit
• Patient satisfaction advocate
• Management of a busy Private Physiotherapy Clinic.
• Marketing of a busy Private Physiotherapy Clinic.
• I have been the senior Physiotherapist to An International Handball team, a local Gaelic Football team and a Track and Field team with international competitors.
• Initiation and Management of Sports Injury Tapping and Fitness Testing Clinic
These responsibilities highlight that I am keen to progress through my profession, that I am flexible and a keen team player should the opportunity arise. Also the work I did for the shoulder audit and inservice training demonstrates that evidence based practice and research are key areas which I deem to be fundamental to the role of the physiotherapist. Further, when I was the lead for Open Days and inservice training, I innovated the service in order to make it more efficient and enhanced.
It is well evidenced from above that I have a lot of experience in many diverse areas within the Physiotherapy sphere. Added to that experience is a University Rotation in Ghana in Western Africa taking my international experience to four countries based over three continents. Prior to my undertakings in Physiotherapy, I completed a degree in Physical Education, Sport Science and Biology and coached football in 5 countries (Ireland, England, Ghana, South Africa and Switzerland) to children from over 60 different countries.
Whilst delivering a high level of specialist care will be my first priority, I will also endeavour to innovate your service.