My Profile Summary - Please contact me for an up-to-date copy of my resume:
PHYSIOTHERAPY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE (2009 – 2012)
NORTHWICK PARK HOSPITAL (Geriatric medicine/ Care of the Elderly)
• My main role was to assess and treat older people who presented with a variety of conditions such as dementia, Parkinson’s disease as well as stroke and I worked in conjunction with the multidisciplinary team.
WEST MIDDLESEX UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL (Trauma & Orthopaedics)
• During my placement, I assessed and treated both the trauma and elective patients who had undergone a variety of surgical procedures such as total or hemi hip/knee arthroplasties, ACL reconstructions, Arthroscopic Rotator Cuff Repairs and MUA for shoulder dislocations.
GUY’S HOSPITAL (Respiratory)
• I treated patients with a range of respiratory conditions including, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, Asthma, Tuberculosis and also assessed and treated cancer patients who had undergone complex surgical procedures such as Mandibulectomy, laryngectomy, and pharyngectomy.
ST. THOMAS’ HOSPITAL – EVELINA HOSPITAL (Paediatrics)
• Working at Evelina Children’s Hospital was a brilliant experience as it gave me an opportunity to learn about how physical therapy was used to help children with complex neurological conditions such as Sydenham’s chorea, Glutaric Aciduria Type 1, cerebral palsy and Duchenne’s Muscular Dystrophy.
ROYAL HOSPITAL FOR NEURO-DISABILITY (Stroke/Traumatic Brain Injury)
• During this placement, I worked very closely with other members of the MDT such as Speech and language therapist and clinical psychologists to deliver optimum patient care aiming to reduce the risk of secondary complications as well as maintain and enhance their function and quality of life. I attended several postural management clinics in which patients were assessed and provided with appropriate wheelchairs and bed positioning guidelines for the nursing staff.
WHIPPS CROSS HOSPITAL, AINSLIE REHABILITATION (Out-patients)
• I treated patients with a variety of joint and muscle problems as well as conducted exercise classes for lower limb and upper limb rehabilitation on a weekly basis. I learnt about pulsed shortwave therapy and utilised a range of treatments such as massage, accessory joint mobilisations, MET, ultrasound, Myofascial release, Trigger points, Maitland mobilisations and exercise therapy.
• I also took part in Pilates sessions and I placed my clients at the centre of care as well as practice evidence-based rehabilitation.
SURREY COMMUNITY SERVICES, MILFORD HOSPITAL (Community)
• Working in the community was a totally different experience as I assessed and treated elderly patients with stroke, dementia, multiple sclerosis and peripheral fractures in their own homes. I also worked at the Day Assessment and Rehabilitation Unit at Farnham Hospital once a week, where I carried out full holistic initial assessments and treated patients accordingly in conjunction with the consultant and nursing staff.
Jan 2013 to present: Physiotherapist,Ravenscroft Physiotherapy Centre and BUPA Hill House, Elstree
• I worked at a Private Practice in Harrow and my main role was to assess and treat a range of MSK conditions including whiplash associated disorders, tendinopathies and shoulder conditions.
I also worked in an intermediate care setting at a BUPA Nursing home and my main role was to assess and treat all the residents which required physiotherapy input. I attended the weekly MDT meetings at BUPA Hill house which allowed me to enhance my inter-professional communication skills as well as work with other members of staff to deliver optimum patient-care.