My Profile Summary - Please contact me for an up-to-date copy of my resume:
A graduate of Institute of Technology Carlow, with an honours degree in Sports Rehabilitation and Athletic Therapy. Qualified in the assessment, diagnosis and treatment of musculoskeletal and sports injuries, design and implementation of rehabilitation and S&C programmes, deep tissue massage, manual therapy techniques, dry needling, strapping and taping and pitch side first aid.
Recent experience includes working with a League of Ireland soccer team, as well as other sports teams (football, hurling), ensuring a high quality service provided at training and matches in the assessment, diagnosis and treatment of musculoskeletal and sports injuries and pitch side first aid.
Currently working with Cobh Ramblers FC, duties include:
• Provide all aspects of physiotherapy care for all Cobh Ramblers players.
• Management of early accurate diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries.
• Ensure all screening of the senior players according to FAI protocols is carried out in conjunction with Club Doctor.
• Communication with the relevant Coaches, Fitness Staff and Manager on all matters relating to players’ injuries and progress on a regular basis.
• Provide match day physiotherapy and pitch side trauma cover for Senior, U19 and U17 teams.
• For U19 and 17 provision of physiotherapy and pitch side trauma cover for both the home and away teams.
• Completion of a post match/training triage.
• Ensure effective communication of injury management plan, gym programme modification and soccer modifications to the coaching staff.
• Keeping accurate and detailed records of injuries and injury management.
• Ensure that an end of week status report of player availability is emailed to the coaching staff and management.
• Design and implementation of rehab programmes appropriate to rehabilitate injured players.
I am also PHECC Certified in Cardiac First response and Emergency First Response.
I am a fully certified member of BASRaT.
Dry Needling certified.