My Profile Summary - Please do contact me for an up-to-date copy of my resume:
I would like to introduce myself as a dedicated professional who is committed to Quality care, offering an extensive experience to manage acute and chronic neuro-musculoskeletal cases referred for physiotherapy.
I have completed my Masters in Physiotherapy with specialization in Neurosciences in Jan 2008 and have obtained expertise in patient assessment & diagnosis, designing & executing rehabilitation methods to achieve the highest possible functional independence for my patient with efficient time management.
My career objectives are to continue delivering quality care to seeking patients, attract more patients to the organization where I will be employed seeking for opportunities to treat challenging cases and looking forward to be rewarded in the form of more responsibilities.
Key skills and area of my expertise are
- Patient examination, assessment and diagnostic capabilities
- Professional Relations and communication skills
- Physiotherapy treatment techniques and patient handling
- Exceptional multi-tasking and organizing ability
- Team training and supervision
- Ability to work professionally as a part of multi-disciplinary team.
As a clinical therapist, employed for AnnPhysiocare ltd, I have gained valuable experience of managing out-patients. It has not only upgraded my clinical expertise in diagnosis and treatment execution, but also build professional valuable professional links.
Working as an Assistant Professor at the D.Y. Patil College of Physiotherapy, Hospital and Research centre (Mumbai- India) for 3.5 years helped me gain experience as a clinician, teacher and administrator.
-During hospital postings, I treated patients admitted in various wards (orthopedic, medical, surgical, pediatric, obstetrics and gynaecology), Intensive care units (cardiac, neonatal, medical & surgical) and OPD.
- Assisted in doing electrodiagnostic tests like nerve conduction studies and electromyography
- Was also in-charge of the sports clinic of the DYP Sports academy and was treating Cricketers sustaining on-field injuries and training athletes for improving overall fitness.
I worked as a part time Clinical physiotherapist at a charitable trust for 7 years. I was solely responsible for managing all patients, maintaining their record, regularly checking all electrotherapy and exercise therapy equipment. With the joint venture of trustees and our patients, we initiated conducting community awareness seminars annually. We also initiated recruiting assistant clinical physiotherapists and observers as the number of patients coming to clinic increased as a part of institutional developmental program.
I possess the following course certifications:
- Maitland`s Concept of Vertebral Joints and Peripheral Joint Mobilization with Clinical reasoning
- Clinical Neurodynamics; Upper & Lower Quarter
- Intensive Course in Management of Developmentally Disabled Child: Emphasizing Handling Dynamics to promote Postural control using Neurodevelopmental Treatment and Myofascial Release Techniques
- Medical Education Technology
Please do not hesitate to contact me for my CV. Thank you for your time and consideration.