Physiotherapy Course Summary:
Simply Moving and Sleeping together with Work Fit Moving and Handling Solutions Ltd introduce an advanced study day for experienced therapists.
A person-centred approach to therapeutic handling in the early stages.
The day will concentrate on the use of equipment to facilitate early mobilisation, rehabilitation and maintenance.
We will examine;
• In bed mobility and assisted exercises
• The facilitation of sitting balance and weight bearing
• Graduated weight bearing in standing and walking
• A full range of therapeutic handling techniques
At the end of this one day course the participants will be able to;
• Revisit the benefits of early mobilisation
• Develop a series of practical tool boxes of skills in order to find solutions to a wide range of complex situations
• Use new and familiar equipment as part of these solutions
• Enhance rehabilitation opportunities whilst reducing the risk to the therapist
• Measure the success of the intervention and develop a viable business case
• 21st March 2017 *FULL*
• 18th May 2017
• 13th September 2017
Maximum of 9 people per session
£ 95.00 + V.A.T. per person
Lunch to be provided
Simply Moving and Sleeping Ltd
The Craggs Country Business Park
New Rd, Cragg Vale
Hebden Bridge, HX7 5TT
Telephone: 01422 581234
Pam Simpson MCSP Consultant Moving and Handling Practitioner Editor column NBE journal 2011-2014, chapter author HOP6 2011 Contributor to CSP manual Handling guidance for Physiotherapists 2008 and 2014.
Rob Turner Experienced (26 years) assessor providing independent equipment solutions for a wide range of Manual handling challenges. Research & Development and product training on a global platform.
Booking form to be completed and returned to Simply Moving and Sleeping Ltd.
The day comprises of practical scenarios and involves participation from the delegates, appropriate dress wear is advisable.