My Profile Summary - Please contact me for an up-to-date copy of my resume:
Looking for a Physio-Assistant Position
I am a young, skilled Ghanaian physiotherapist with 4 years experience.
I earned my Bachelor of Science in Physiotherapy (BScPT) from University of Ghana, where I gained experience as a physical therapy intern in a variety of settings. I have experience working with a wide spectrum of clients most especially orthopaedic/musculoskeletal, sports-related, geriatric and neuro-related (especially Stroke management).
I have extensive experience in manual therapy and most of my work is using manual techniques such as mobilising according to Maitland or Mulligan, Massage, Trigger point release techniques, exercise, electrotherapy and education.
My skills go beyond clinical knowledge and technical ability. Both patients and advisors have praised my strong communication skills. I am able to effectively explain procedures to patients and answer any questions they have, always speaking in a patient and kindly tone. Even when I am carrying a particularly heavy caseload, I always take the time to speak with each patient, and make sure they feel comfortable and confident in their treatment plan.
I participate in several short courses and workshops with the most recent being the First Team Physician Course organised in Accra (A 4 day intensive Sports, Exercise and Rehabilitation Medicine Course organised by the American College of Sports Medicine).
I have experience in both OPD and on-the-ward practice. I strongly believe in evidence based and activity based practice.
With my background as former president of the University of Ghana Association of Physiotherapy Students, I am a people's person.
I am highly adaptable, reliable, disciplined and ready to work anywhere and any hours as assigned.
I exercise a lot personally as a hobby and I am very healthy.
I wish to serve, and hope I will be granted this opportunity.
A. SOLE PHYSIOTHERAPIST
Yeboah Hospital, Accra-Ghana.
December 2015 - present
• Rendering quality patient-centered services to ensure maximum recovery and early independence of clients. Devised and reviewed treatment programmes, comprising manual therapy, movement, therapeutic exercise and the application of technological equipment.
• Attending to patients on an outpatient basis and also involved in patients’ pre-admission and follow-up care.
• Ensured ascending figures in patient attendance to physio unit. How? Not relying solely on clients referred to unit by GPs and other specialists but also increased number of “walk-in” clients by organising talks for banks and other corporate groups on joint pains, spine health and other musculoskeletal-related topics.
• Represented the organization, as and when required to ensure proper treatment and guidance to patients
• Educating patients regarding the treatment and recovery from their conditions
• Common cases managed in this facility: orthopaedic/sports (ACL injuries, ***back pain, shoulder pathologies and several forms of arthritis) and neurological (***stroke, spinal cord injuries)
B. HEAD OF MEDICAL STAFF (Voluntary)
Titans Sporting Club, Accra-Ghana
August 2014 – December 2017
• Organized pre-season screening and served as team physiotherapist for the rugby team of the Titans Sporting Club in the 2015 Ghana Rugby Club Championship (GRCC).
C. PHYSIOTHERAPIST (Part-time)
GreenGen Football Academy, Accra-Ghana
January 2019 - present
• Pre-season screening
• Assessment, diagnosis and management of sports-related injuries