Physiotherapist (12 Month FTC)
Harcombe House, Chudleigh, Devon
The Fire Fighters Charity offers specialist, lifelong support for members of the UK fire services community empowering individuals to achieve mental, physical and social wellbeing throughout their lives.
The Charity is now entering a new and exciting phase of service development and, in line with our 2020 – 2025 strategic plan, we are developing our residential programmes and digital services as well as exploring new ways in which we can support our beneficiaries in the community.
Over the coming months, we will be developing and delivering our Covid recovery pathway as well as testing new residential support pathways and outpatient provision, blending these with our digital solutions to meet the physical, psychological and social health needs of the Fire Services Community.
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic, motivated and experienced Physiotherapist to join our team at Harcombe House in Devon for a 12 month fixed term contract to cover a period of maternity leave. This is a part-time role working 22.5 hours per week.
- Salary of £20,017.20 per annum
- Generous 8% non-contributory pension scheme
- 33 days’ annual leave (inclusive of Bank Holidays) pro rata
- 22.5 hours per week average, over a four week rota
We promote a healthy work/life balance for all employees, and in addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, have access to a health care cash plan and Employee Assistance Programme, should you need support during your employment.
This is a great opportunity to join a forward-thinking and innovative organisation which prides itself on maintaining high standards and achieving positive results.
Situated within 300 acres of grounds containing woods, lakes and gardens that are utilised as part of the service delivery, Harcombe House, is just 10 minutes from Exeter and Dartmoor with coastal locations only 20 minutes away.
So, if you are a suitably qualified and experienced physiotherapy professional who is eager to use your skills to give back, or a Band 5 or recent graduate looking to upskill in rehabilitation, we are waiting to hear from you.
As a Physiotherapist, you will provide physiotherapy assessment and treatment for members of the Fire Services Community.
Using face-to-face (individual and group format), digital consultation and community-based interactions and interventions, you will seek to deliver positive beneficiary experiences that are outcome-focused and personalised.
Harcombe House has also recently developed a successful outpatients department, where you will have a varied nueromusculoskeletal caseload. Working closely with our Exercise Therapists, you will be providing beneficiaries with the opportunity to access a variety of treatment options, including hydrotherapy and use of an antigravity treadmill.
You will take ownership of a clinical caseload and work in partnership with beneficiaries using evidence-based practice and robust clinical reasoning that underpins decision making.
Additionally, your role will involve:
- Mitigating and managing risk through accurate assessments
- Undertaking holistic needs assessments to inform treatment and self-management plans
- Using digital solutions to develop and deliver programmes
- Utilising digital platforms, telephone advice and face to face interaction
To be successful as a Physiotherapist, you will:
- Have experience of working within a rehabilitation, recovery and/or wellbeing setting with a broad knowledge and skill base
- Have evidence of working with a variety of client groups and conditions, including working with clients with musculoskeletal, neurological and long-term conditions
- Have experience of providing remote physiotherapy support via telephone and web-based platforms
- Have experience of outcome measurement – effective data collection, analysis and r