Lead Practitioner (Physiotherapist)
- £37,204 per annum plus benefits
- Generous non-contributory pension scheme
- 33 days’ annual leave (inclusive of Bank Holidays)
- 37.5 hours average per week over a four week rota
The Fire Fighters Charity offers specialist, lifelong support for members of the UK fire services community empowering individuals to achieve mental, physical, and social wellbeing throughout their lives.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Lead Practitioner to join our multi-profession rehabilitation team at our residential centre Harcombe House, Devon. Reporting into the Physical Health Lead, you will be responsible for the operational line management, clinical supervision and leadership of your team of Physiotherapists and Exercise Therapists. You will have access to equipment and technology to enable your team to deliver rehabilitation programmes through one to one and group work both remotely and face to face.
You and your team will work closely with our Psychological Therapists to deliver a service that unites physical and mental health for effective rehabilitation for individuals who have sought the Charity’s assistance with a predominantly mental health concern.
In addition, you will work collaboratively with other Lead Practitioners, and have the opportunity to lead on service development and audit activities, while retaining a small case load of your own. You will also contribute to the delivery of the Charity’s Strategic plan.
We promote a healthy work life balance for all employees, and in addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, you are awarded beneficiary status (access to our services) from day one, along with access to a health care cash plan and Employee Assistance Programme and, should you need, support during your employment.
You will be based at Harcombe House, our residential centre in Devon. Situated within 300 acres of grounds containing woods, lakes and gardens that are utilised as part of the service delivery, the centre is just 10 minutes from Exeter and Dartmoor with coastal locations only 20 minutes away.
If you are a Band 6 Physiotherapist looking to develop your leadership and management skills in a Band 7 role, or a Band 7 looking for looking to share your knowledge and experience, then this could be an excellent opportunity for you!
To be successful, you will:
- Have a BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy or an alternative appropriate recognised qualification
- Be registered with the HCPC
- Be a qualified Member of the CSP
- Be able to evidence current continuing professional development appropriate to the role
- Have experience of leading and managing a multi-professional team to deliver a rehabilitation, recovery or wellbeing service
- Be able to demonstrate excellent organisational skills, flexibility, adaptability and the ability to prioritise workload and delegate effectively
- Have excellent communication skills and be enthusiastic, adaptable & resilient to change
For more information about the role, and to get an idea of the fantastic work we do amongst the fire services community, please visit our website.
The closing date for this role is the 7th of March 2021.
The Charity is an Equal Opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community. When recruiting our new team members, regardless of the role, we are looking for people who share our values to help us to achieve our strategic plan.
To apply for the role of Lead Practitioner, please follow this link:
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.