JOB TITLE: Specialist Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist
HOURS: Full Time
REPORTS TO: Service Manager
Ravenscroft Healthcare Ltd. is a rapidly expanding private organisation offering services to both private and NHS sectors across London and Milton Keynes. We are looking for a dynamic and motivated individual to join the team for our busy practices.
• To work as an autonomous practitioner being professionally and legally accountable for all aspects of own work, including the management of patients in your care.
• To perform advanced physiotherapeutic assessment of patients with diverse presentations who have complex, multi pathological and/or psychological conditions and to determine a clinical diagnosis and deliver an individualised treatment programme.
• Prioritize own work, balancing other patient related and professional demands, and ensure that these remain in accordance with those of the service as a whole.
• Ensure that your own practice meets the required professional standards of physiotherapy practice.
• Manage clinical risk within own patient caseload.
• Work closely with patients, carers and families agreeing decision making relevant to the patient/ client management- ensuring the patients are involved in the planning and prioritisation of their care plan wherever possible.
• Liaise with GPs and other professionals to ensure that physiotherapy treatment is integrated into the patient’s overall treatment programme where appropriate. This would include discussion of patient care, patient progress and involvement in discharge planning.
• Adapt practice to meet individual patients’ circumstances, including due regard for cultural and linguistic differences
• Provide a flexible approach to the needs of the service working with patients individually and in groups.
• Provide advice to others regarding the physiotherapy management and care of patients/clients.
• Use a range of verbal and non-verbal communication tools to communicate effectively with patients to ensure understanding of their condition and to motivate them in order to progress their treatment programmes and maximise their rehabilitation potential.
• Demonstrate developed dexterity, co-ordination and palpatory senses for assessment and manual treatment of patients -involving moderate physical effort on a daily basis.
• Maintain accurate and comprehensive patient treatment records in line with CSP standard of practice, HCPC and legal, departmental, and organizational requirements.
• Undertake evidence-based audit and research projects and develop improvements to further own and teams clinical practice.
• Be responsible for the safe and competent use of all physiotherapy equipment, patient appliances and aids, by yourself and patients.
• The job involves occasional exposure to verbal and physical aggressive behaviour from patients or carers and the potential to be exposed to unpleasant body odours or fluids.
POST: Specialist MSK Physiotherapist
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING
• Diploma/degree in physiotherapy
• HCPC registration
• Membership of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy
• Evidence of continuing professional development within musculoskeletal outpatient physiotherapy
• Understanding of the legal responsibilities of the profession, national and local standards.
• A sound knowledge of evidence based practice and treatment options, e.g. manual physiotherapy techniques, patient education, exercise, electrotherapy techniques
• Experience in a broad range of clinical areas including Musculoskeletal Outpatient Physiotherapy, Orthopaedics, Elderly and Neurology. • Experience of audit, research and understanding of quality issues.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, presenting ideas with clarity and in a persuasive and influential style.
• Good IT skills