Physiotherapy Job Summary:
• To work as an autonomous practitioner in providing musculoskeletal physiotherapy and 1:1 Pilates assessments and treatments, and report to self- paying patients and insurance companies.
• To participate in CPD and other developmental activities for both Physio Plus and Pilates Plus
• HCPC Physiotherapist with a minimum of 5 years’ clinical experience and preferably experience as a Band 6 physiotherapist
• CSP member
• Formal Pilates Training
• UK citizen with right to work in UK
• Current driving licence
• Basic IT skills
About Pilates Plus Physio
Pilates Plus Physio is an independent company which was founded in 2010. We run Physiotherapy led Pilates classes (matwork) in the city of Edinburgh at a variety of locations. At the time of writing we run around 28 classes weekly in varying locations across Edinburgh. All instructors are physiotherapists.
We also have a small clinic in the New Town of Edinburgh which is where we run a physiotherapy and Pilates service.
We pride ourselves on quality of service- ensuing that both our Pilates and Physiotherapy clients meet their goals. We are a constantly evolving company which focuses on continual improvement of our services.
We have a robust CPD commitment and also have a keen interest in education of both our own team and the wider Pilates and Physiotherapy community.
We consider ourselves to be a highly dynamic company.
• To provide musculoskeletal physiotherapy input to people with a variety of musculoskeletal conditions.
• To provide comprehensive assessment reports in compliance with CSP standards through TM2 software
• To monitor, evaluate and modify treatment in order to measure progress and ensure effectiveness of intervention.
• To discuss services and treatment options to potential clients.
• To ensure that clients are involved in the planning and prioritisation of their rehabilitation plans.
• To adapt practice for each individual patient, including due regard for cultural, social, and linguistic differences in addition to any disabilities.
• To demonstrate high level of clinical effectiveness by use of evidence based practice.
• To commit to developing skills beyond one’s own professional training.
Teaching, Training and Professional Development
• To assist with the education and training of physiotherapy and Pilates staff as appropriate including leading on specific topics related to this specialist area
• Attend in-house and external courses. Assist in arranging in-house courses/study days
• To participate in the teaching and training of staff and other professionals as agreed.
• To develop a Clinical Professional Development Portfolio and a Personal Development Plan, according to professional standards, that documents the progress of gaining knowledge in areas of clinical expertise required for improving standards for self and service.
Service Development and Improvement
• To implement clinical policies and protocols.
• To be responsible for ensuring a high level of quality assurance over all clinical services.
• To advise Partners on issues of service delivery
• To use appropriate methods of communication with patients to maximise rehabilitation potential and their understanding of the condition. Communication skills of persuasion, motivation, explanation and gaining informed consent will be used with a wide variety of patients.
• To provide specialist spontaneous and planned advice, teaching and instruction to patients to promote understanding of the aims of physiotherapy and Pilates to ensure a consistent approach to patient care.
• To work in collaboration with/refer to other health professionals in response to identified patient need.
• To contribute to regular goal planning and ensure that information is shared/ communicated on a frequent basis.
• To have excellent written communication skills