Wellness Embodied is a boutique physiotherapy practice in the city centre of Cairns- gateway to the Great Barrier Reef! We are lucky to live in a little paradise in Australia- benefits to living in Cairns include:
- Low rent and cost of living.
- Access to Regional Skilled Migration Visas
- The Gateway to the Great Barrier Reef- diving, snorkelling, boating, fishing, tropical islands for day trips and more!
- Surrounded by Rainforest with year-long activities available: Camp, swim under waterfalls, try white-water rafting, kayak, ride enviable mountain bike trails, hike any of our multiple trails nearby.
- Arts, Culture and Food; We have a brand new Performing Arts Centre, a unique music and exhibit venue in ‘The Tanks’, new small bars and great restaurants opening all the time.
- Multiple sports and activities: Pretty much every sport and activity you can think of is catered for here. Triathlon is a year- round sport and there is everything else from rock climbing to rugby league.
- International Airport: Quick and easy access to Bali, Singapore, China, Japan, PNG and all major Australian airports.
- Friendly, easy-going people: Cairns has a population of over 100,000- making it big enough to not feel claustrophobic but small enough to get around and make friends easily. People in the business, health and sporting communities tend to be open and welcome and our clients are great!
Our clinic consists of 4 treatment rooms, an outdoor area with private staff parking (which can also be used for workshops), staff kitchen and a Rehab gym containing Clinical Pilates, biofeedback, vestibular rehab training and weights equipment. Located in the heart of Cairns city, we have gyms, great lunch spots, a shopping centre and markets on our doorstep. We currently operate with 3 physiotherapists, a practice manager and a part time remedial massage therapist. Culture is important to our friendly team: we offer weekly in-service training, one to one Clinical and non-clinical training sessions with the Practice Principal, a large CPD budget, a quarterly staff goal-setting and activity afternoon and the opportunity to meet with and learn from other medical providers in the Cairns region.
We currently are recruiting physiotherapists to fill one or more of the following roles:
1) Musculoskeletal Physio (travel opportunities by negotiation)
We see predominantly private clients who value our services and commit to our treatment plans, which will always include specific manual therapy and empowerment of our clients through education, rehab and self management programs. We’re not a ‘one size fits all’ practice!
2 ) Neurological Rehabilitation and Generalist Physio (with travel opportunities!)
With the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) opening funding to clients with disabilities in the Far North Queensland region, there is a growing need for our skilled services in long term stroke rehab, Multiple Sclerosis, Cerebral Palsy and more. Due to our spacious clinic rooms and Rehab Gym, we have attracted many of these clients. There is scope for another physiotherapist to come on board to further develop this area- alone or in addition to other areas of Clinical Interest.
NORTHERN TERRITORY TRAVEL!
We are in a unique position of having a number of weeks per year working in clinics in remote Northern Territory communities. Physiotherapists travelling here get to work with Indigenous clients and Traditional owners in their own communities, visit areas of the country which are normally off limits and spend their weekends and spare time exploring Katherine Gorge, local attractions and rock art, camp or enjoy some down time to train/ read/ relax. Travel, accommodation and an extra remote working allowance are fully paid, as well as paid time in lieu for travel time.