Physiotherapy Course Summary:
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND FOR THE 5TH TIME! Internationally renowned Visceral Manipulation Curriculum by Barral Institute, USA/France – Developed by Jean-Pierre Barral, DO, PT (http://www.barralinstitute.com/)
Want to deepen your knowledge of the visceral linkage with musculature and fascial system of your body and also learn techniques to treat the all these interconnected systems? This is the course that will provide a 3D understanding of the human body through gentle manual and movement therapy techniques.
Visceral Manipulation: Abdomen 1 (VM1) & Abdomen 2 (VM2)
Date and Schedule: March 1-4(VM1) & March 6-9 (VM2)
Days 1-3: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm Day 4: 8:00 am to 3:30 pm
Course Length: 4 Days for each module
Venue: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Instructor: Joanne Enslin De Wet, Physiotherapy Specialist
Please note module 3 and 4 are also scheduled at later part of the year in 2019 and pre-requisite to attend these courses would be attendance of both VM1 and VM2.
Synopsis: The introductory level workshop will introduce participants to the models and concepts of functional biomechanics as viewed from Jean-Pierre Barral’s Visceral Manipulation approach. This method of evaluation and treatment is based on the concept that each of our internal organs rotates on a physiological axis. Focus is on the abdominal cavity and includes the organs, their membranes, ligaments, innervation and their spatial functional interrelationships. Participants will learn basic manipulations for correcting abnormal motions and stress patterns within this cavity. It includes lecture, demonstration and practice for each technique presented.
MODULE 1/ABDOMEN HIGHLIGHTS:
In VM1 you will study the models and theories of functional biomechanics as viewed from Barral’s innovative approach.
- Learn manual skills to locate, evaluate, and normalize primary areas of dysfunction within the abdominal cavity.
- Explore the dynamics of motion and suspension in relation to organs, membranes and ligaments.
- Examine the relationship of organs and structural or neuro-musculoskeletal dysfunction.
- Assess the quality of functional activity and somatic structures as they relate to an overall pattern.
MODULE 2/ABDOMEN 2 HIGHLIGHTS (PREREQUISITE – VM1):
In VM2 you will expand on the functional anatomy, hand placements and techniques you learned in VM1 to give you a deeper understanding of the abdominal cavity and its relationship to the cranial and thoracic cavities.
- Explore the deeper structures within the abdominal cavity, focusing on the kidneys, pancreas, spleen, greater omentum, peritoneum, and their connective or suspensory tissues.
- Learn about the concept of restriction planes, mobility and motility.
Begin to incorporate multiple long-lever techniques into your VM work.
- Participate in supervised, hands-on sessions that guide you through specific techniques for locating and evaluating each organ, along with the effects and contraindications.
Prerequisite: Licensed medical and healthcare practitioner, student in healthcare program or graduate of healthcare program awaiting licensure/accreditation experienced with sensitive, light-touch palpation.