Learn breathing retraining skills that have helped 1000s of Australians to stay calm, avoid asthma, and protect their lungs from smoke. Millions more need this know-how.
Breathing retraining relieves conditions where a dysfunctional breathing pattern is characteristic including Asthma | COPD | Anxiety & Panic Disorders | Snoring & Sleep Apnoea and for Sports Performance Enhancement.
ADD A REWARDING DIMENSION TO YOUR PRACTICE
* 15% discount for Physiosure members
Dysfunctional breathing underlies many chronic disorders. It is however rarely recognised or treated, as assessment of a person’s baseline breathing pattern is not part of standard medical diagnosis.
These workshops are highly experiential and content-rich. They provide invaluable skills to normalise physiology and biochemistry, reduce inflammatory and mechanical stress on the airways, down-regulate the stress response, re-establish a 24/7 silent nasal-breathing pattern and quality sleep, and improve oxygenation and brain and body function. Immediate clinical application.
Physiotherapists with knowledge and skills in breathing pattern assessment and retraining have enormous potential to assist people with:
• Asthma, Allergies, Nasal Problems, Dyspnoea
• Snoring, Sleep Apnoea, Insomnia
• Anxiety & Panic Disorders
• Mouth Breathing, Airway & Orthodontic Issues
• Poor exercise capacity
• Enhancing sports performance
Clinical data show > 90% of people experience significant relief of symptoms within 5 days.
Two levels of training are offered:
LEVEL 1: ESSENTIAL BREATHING SKILLS Feb 20-21, 2020
Introductory level of assessment and correction of dysfunctional breathing. (L1 - CPD hours: 16)
• A procedure to identify & assess dysfunctional breathing habits
• Understand the mechanical, physiological, psychological and biochemical effects of dysfunctional breathing
• Techniques to relieve acute symptoms
• Integrating physiologically normal breathing into physio, rehab, psych therapy, ADL,yoga, Pilates, meditation for enhanced effects
* immediate clinical application
FEE: Standard $825 ($750 + GST)
$704 ($640+GST) with Physiosure 15% discount
Inclusions: Course Notes & Workbook, 2 x 60min follow-on mentoring (online)
LEVEL 2: ESSENTIALS OF BREATHING RETRAINING Feb 22-23, 2020
This training reviews and expands upon Level 1 training, teaches the skills and structure for delivering effective breathing retraining programs, goes deeper into theory, practice and application, includes Buteyko Method techniques and personal experience of breathing retraining. It is followed by a 6-month mentoring program. (6 x 90 min). L2 CPD hours: 23
Pre-requisite: L1 training. L2 may immediately follow LI training.
Level 2 includes:
• Delivering breathing retraining programs to adults and children
• Techniques to restore correct O2/CO2 balance and reset medullary respiratory drive
• Buteyko Method techniques
• Integrating better breathing into speech, sleep, exercise, pulmonary rehab, and stress and pain management
• Tailoring breathing retraining to the individual
• Practice, role playing
• Extensive discussion of case studies
• Working with doctors and healthcare professionals
• Monthly mentoring via Zoom videoconferencing for 6 months
BONUS INCLUSIONS LEVEL 2
• Personal experience of breathing retraining
• 2 outdoor sessions of breathing coaching (hill walk/ jog and swim)
FEE: Standard $1386 ($1260 + GST)
$1178 ($1071 + GST) with Physiosure 15% discount
Inclusions: Course Workbook, Certificate, 6 mths mentoring
PRESENTER: Physio Tess Graham has extensive clinical &research experience in breathing retraining. Tess has worked in this field for 25 yrs with 6500 people. Author of Relief from Snoring and Sleep Apnoea (2012); Relief from Anxiety and Panic (2017). She is an internationally recognised authority on breathing disorders management