New Manual Articular Approach (MAA) is a manual therapy modality that applies a comprehensive approach to the treatment of joints.
Underneath the pain or diagnosis is a compensatory pattern created in the body with the initial source of the dysfunction often being far from where the pain is felt. A skilled MAA practitioner searches for this pattern and its source, evaluating the whole body and not just the problematic joint, and treats the related tissues. MAA treatment is comprised of precise gentle engagement and soft tissue mobilization of the associated bones, while looking at direct and indirect relationships between the bones of the body. As the source of a problem is released, symptoms will start to decrease. Reaction and response time can vary with each Manual Articular Approach treatment.
A joint is so much more complex than a place where bones come together. It is comprised of multiple components – including bone, cartilage, muscles, tendons, nerves, and fluid – that when functioning properly, allow the joint to glide smoothly and pain-free. If one component becomes problematic, the entire joint begins to compensate and not function properly. This leads to dysfunction ranging from temporary pain to longer term damage. All parts and systems within the body are interconnected – joints included – and when there is dysfunction in one place, other areas can be negatively impacted. A skilled MAA practitioner can properly assess the interactions of your joints with your body to help restore proper function.
- Identify in detail the anatomy and biomechanics of the shoulder and elbow.
- Describe typical pain patterns that arise from dysfunction of these joints, and how they relate to the nerves, vascular system, viscera, muscles, and connective tissue.
- Demonstrate evaluation methods and treatment techniques to facilitate normal functioning of these areas.
- Describe and demonstrate how to evaluate each major joint to determine its primary dysfunction, as well as the anatomical or physiological systems that are contributing to the dysfunction.
- Describe and demonstrate how to treat the anatomical or physiological systems that contribute to the primary dysfunction of each joint.
- Discuss practical integration into treatment sessions.
- Explore such indications as clinical pain, sprains, arthrosis, and inflammation in a brand new way.
CPD/CPE - 18 contact hours.
FULL PRICE: $1650 - Physiosure discount is off the full price.
SAVER PRICE: $1450 - Available till the 24th Aug 2019
URL for course registration - https://barralinstitute.com.au/events/new-manual-articular-approach-upper-extremity-maue-3/
Lecturer: Alain Croibier, DO,MRO (F)
Along with Jean-Pierre Barral, Alain Croibier is the developer of this course.
COURSE LOCATION: Royal On The Park Hotel - 152 Alice St, Brisbane