Physiotherapy Course Summary:
Neuralmeningeal Manipulation: An Integrative Approach To Trauma (NM1)
This three day course NM1, is a specialized course focusing on the impact of trauma and whiplash.
Traumatic nerve lesions typically do not result in a recognizable, well-defined, clinical picture. Instead a broad spectrum of disturbances can be found. NM treatments change intra- and extra-neural pressure and improve sympathetic function to blood vessels due to the auto-innervation of the sympathetic ganglia and sympathetic innervation of peri-neural connective tissues, both of which are affected with treatment of fixations in the nerve sheaths.
NM1 provides approaches to address the restrictions of the dural and neural components not commonly focused on with musculoskeletal symptoms.
Upon completion of this course, participants will have learned:
* The three primary areas of trauma as they relate to whiplash: physical laws, evaluation and treatment;
* The appropriate anatomy and physiology for treatment of whiplash and trauma conditions;
* To locate and release restrictions along the meningeal system;
* Assess injuries to the soft tissues of the cervical region and learn treatment protocols for optimal release;
* Tests to determine restriction patterns of the cervicobrachial region;
* Understand how whiplash creates restriction patterns throughout the body and lumbosacral region;
* Identify techniques that encompass the whole body, as the whole body receives collision forces in a whiplash injury, not just the cervical spine;
* Discover new applications of visceral manipulation principles and techniques as can be utilized for patients presenting whiplash and other conditions involving trauma;
* Compare treatment sequence and tests for whiplash and traumatic injuries.
Participants must be professional healthcare practitioners, students in an healthcare program and/or graduates awaiting licensure/accreditation with manual technique experience.
REGISTER ONLINE: https://barralinstitute.com.au/events/neuromeningeal-manipulation-an-integrative-approach-to-trauma- nm1-3/
LECTURER: Annabel Mackenzie RST, BI-D
COURSE LOCATION: Oakwood Apartments Brisbane, 15 Ivory Lane, Fortitude Valley