********** Lyn Watson Shoulder Physio Courses 2020 ***********
Melbourne 22-23 Feb 20, Level 1, Melb.Sh.Group Prahran
Sydney 4-5 April, Level 1, Balmain Sports Med. Rozelle
Brisbane 23-24 May, Level 1, UQ, St Lucia
Melbourne 24-25 Oct, Level 2, Melb.Sh.Group, Prahran
Brisbane 28-29 Nov, Level 2, UQ, St Lucia
Sydney 5-6 Dec, Level 2, Balmain Sports
Canada Courses April 2020
Nice Shoulder Rehab Course 8-10 June, Nice France
Paris 13-15 & 16-18 June https://www.kpten.fr/Lyn-Watson_r32.html
Oslo 7-8 Nov Level 1 Course
Hamburg 9-10 Nov Level 1 Course
Copenhagen Shoulder Conference 13 Nov 2020
Copenhagen 14-15 Level 1 Course
Completion of the Level 1 course is a pre-requisite for participation in Level 2 Course. These courses are only open to Physiotherapists.
Go to the website www.LynWatsonShoulderPhysio.com.au to book your Australian course or inquire about an Overseas course email: [email protected]
Lyn Watson Shoulder Course Info
The Lyn Watson Level 1 Shoulder Physio Course offers Physiotherapists the opportunity to gain extensive clinical and research insights into the assessment, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation
of the shoulder and shoulder girdle.
Presenters on the Course are all members of the Melbourne Shoulder Group - Dr Lyn Watson (Founder), Simon Balster (Founder), Dr Sarah Warby, Ross Lenssen, Kat Davis, Daniel Verdon & Jane Nailon. The Group sees 700+ shoulder patients each month, conducts researcher into clinically relevant shoulder projects and shares its shoulder specific insights through its teaching and lecturing.
Dr Lyn Watson is an Australian Manipulative & Sports Physiotherapist with over 30 years experience in clinical practice and research into the shoulder. She holds an Adjunct Professorial position in research at Western University in Ontario Canada and has been teaching physiotherapists throughout Australia and around the world for the last 25 years. Over the past 10 years approximately 4,400 physios in nine counties have completed her courses.
The Melbourne Shoulder Group works closely with:
• Mr Greg Hoy and Mr Shane Barwood, Melbourne Orthopaedic Group, Shoulder Surgeons
• Dr Andrew Rotstein’s team at Victoria House Medical Imaging
• Dr Tania Pizzari at Latrobe University
This allows the Group to follow the full journey of a patient: starting with a patients’ presenting injury and initial symptoms through to physical assessment findings and correlating this with their scanning results and sometimes to an arthroscopic assessment of their pathology. Review of these findings and correlating it with the treatment modalities required to fix each patient (rehabilitation, injections, surgery) has given the Melbourne Shoulder Group a unique insight into shoulder orthopaedics, the role of physiotherapy, radiology, injections, medicine and surgery.
This Course is a distillation of the knowledge of the Group, providing therapists with relevant information and techniques that will have immediate clinical application in the way shoulder patients are assessed, informed, managed and treated.
The course covers:
• Understanding the relevant functional anatomy, biomechanics and patho-mechanics that contribute to the clinical presentation of your patients
• A logical and structured plan to use when assessing the shoulder and shoulder girdle
• The skills to develop a working diagnosis while considering differential diagnoses
• A framework to decide whether to treat, investigate, refer or any combination
• A structure to tailor a rehabilitation programme to any patient
• The skills to monitor your progress, adjust your working diagnosis and treatment to get the best results for your patients
The Course material is constantly updated