Physiotherapy Job Summary:
About the business and the role
Patient centred focus is our number one mantra at our boutique Physio and Pilates practice. Our dynamic and supportive team is made up of Physiotherapist's (all Clinical Pilates instructors) massage therapists, a dietitian and various group fitness and Pilates instructors. The Studio is a fresh, modern space, which is a pleasure to work in with bright natural light and balconies with a view providing the perfect morning coffee spot.
We love our clients! We have a strong community base including a mixed caseload of able bodied weekend warriors, retired locals and Pre and Post Natal women. Pregnancy and Women's Health is a huge focus area at The Studio, with all practitioners working towards a common goal empowering women throughout all stages of their pregnancy journey; baby visits are a common occurrence!
We are looking full time Physiotherapist (Part-time hours considered) to join the team. If the right fit for The Studio you should expect a mixed load combining Clinical Pilates, group exercise instruction and assessing/treating of Physiotherapy patients. Candidates should be motivated and responsible and if successful should expect to be valued and treated with respect in The Studio Team.
What will the job look like?
- Conduct Clinical Pilates Initial Assessments with the use of Real Time Ultrasound (previous experience preferred but not necessary)
- Teach Private and Semi-Private Pilates Classes (1:1 or 4:1) using various Pilates apparatus (Reformer, Cadillac, Wunda Chair, Ladder Barrel, Spine Corrector & Balls/Bands etc)
- Teach Reformer and Mums n Bubs Group Classes; must be comfortable interacting with babies and children and confident in group communication
- Assess and treat Physiotherapy patients (45minute Initial appointments, 30minute follow ups - flexibility with appointment lengths for complex cases/learning opportunities encouraged)
- Participate in team continued education and regular case study conversations
- Use down time for continued self development and Studio community interaction (blogs, participate in Studio classes, take initiative and help out with general daily tasks)
What does The Studio want from you?
- Minimum 1 year Private Practice Experience required
- Confidence with Musculoskeletal Assessment, diagnosis and hands on therapy (dry needling experience preferred however not required)
- Clinical Pilates training & experience working with Pilates Equipment required
- Experience working with Pre/Post Natal women preferred however not required
- Good time management skills and able to multi-task
- Takes initiative, sees a task and gets it done
- Willing to work a mix of early mornings, evenings a week and Saturday mornings; schedules tailored to individual preference where possible
- Confident, friendly, motivated and fun; must be able to have a laugh
Job benefits and perks
- Car Space provided
- 5 min bus from CBD
- Vibrant buzzing area close to cafes, shops and a short walk to Balmain and beautiful harbour views
- Free access to Studio Group Exercise Classes (Reformer, Mat Pilates, Circuit/TRX training, Barre)
- Team inservices/continued education and optional social get togethers
- A day off during the week, early finish Fridays
- Work life balance encouraged and supported!
- Generous and consistent income, CPD opportunities supported