Physiotherapy Course Summary:
Gain skills and confidence to effectively assess, train and progress your patient’s core and hip stability muscles in this 1.5 day practical course. Learn neural techniques and phasic muscle downtraining, using RTUS, to refine and improve your exercise programming.
You don’t need to own a RTUS machine or be using one to benefit from this course.
* Fundamentals of using RTUS as an assessment tool
* Using RTUS to assess Transverse Abdominus (TA) & Pelvic Floor (PF)
* Cues to assist with TA/PF retraining
* Basic stability & progressions for TA, PF and diaphragm
* Downtraining phasic muscles including external and int/ext obliques, hip flexors/adductors and hamstrings
* Refining upper and lower limb neural mobility testing to improve recruitment of stability muscles; and to identify drivers that may be distal to a local area of pain
* Introduction to RTUS hip assessment - quadratus femoris - to enable hip stabilisers to be recruited correctly
* Hip stability strengthening from basic to intermediate level and exercise progressions using basic equipment
* Small workshop numbers 8 - 10 to allow closely supervised tuition
* You will improve and refine your stability assessment skills and learn basic recruitment to intermediate level exercise progressions
* The techniques learnt in the course will assist you in treating all musculoskeletal problems, both peripheral and spinal
* Your exercise programming will move to a new level of expertise both for 1:1 treatments, and group classes.
* At the completion of this course, you will be competent to use RTUS in your clinical sessions.
Study Mode: Practical
Early Bird Fee: $690
Course Date: September 15th and 16th, 2018
Presenter: Francine St George Author of The Back Pain Handbook http://physiocoachingacademy.com/allproducts/
Please visit our website for more details on this and other courses: http://www.physiocoachingacademy.com
Call today to reserve your place: 02 9399 7399
Physio Posture Fitness Clinic
Wales Medical Centre
Level 4, 66 High Street, Randwick