Physiotherapy Job Summary:
Full time Senior Physiotherapist required for a growing private practice. Established in 2006, Therapy Direct Healthcare is a well established and busy practice with nationwide Occupational Health Contracts.
Whether face to face or telemedicine, patient load is musculo-skeletal: spinal and peripheral joint problems, and orthopaedics. Working hours will include some evening work but hours are flexible.
• Essential that the candidate be highly experienced in treating musculo-skeletal disorders and have a Degree/Equivalent in Physiotherapy
• Essential HPC Registration
• Desirable that the candidate be experienced in Occupational Health
• Solid out-patient background required
• Excellent manual therapy skills required
• Acupuncture desirable
• To undertake the assessment and appropriate treatment/management of occupational health patients
• To treat the majority of patients within designated times (45 minutes for an initial assessment and 30 minutes for a review)
• To set and maintain a high standard of clinical practice and encourage all other therapists to do likewise
• Communicate as necessary with other health professionals in relation to a patients management and service provision
• Maintain excellent standard of note keeping
• To help develop the service available to patients
• To keep up to date with new clinical practices
• To comply with all practice policies and procedures, the Health and Safety at Work Act, Manual Handling Regulations, fire and other Health and Safety procedures
• To be aware of legal issues relating to physiotherapy
• To participate in and initiate audit, evaluation of service, keeping accurate statistics and information for the physiotherapy practice as required
• To work towards meeting all KPIs
• To provide support and teaching / training to junior staff
• To participate in practice training and CPD
• The post holder must maintain the confidentiality of information about patients, staff and business in accordance with the Data Protection Act (1984)
• Able to empathise with patients
• Capable of working single handed and as part of a small team
• Ability to maintain judgment under pressure
• Flexible in their approach to working in private practice
• Maintain high standards of appearance
• Punctuality and reliability essential
Salary and Terms
• 35-42k dependent on experience per annum
• Discretionary sick pay
• Childcare Vouchers
• Paid holiday allowance of 33 days per annum including bank holidays.
• Private Medical insurance following 3-month probation period.
• Funding available each year for mutually agreed courses.
• Regular CPD
• Company lap top