Physiotherapy Job Summary:
New Adventures are looking for an experienced, motivated and enthusiastic physiotherapist to work within a touring dance company on our production of Swan Lake from 13 August 2018 – 26 May 2019, with a possible second period of international touring from mid-July 2019 to mid-November 2019.
You will be the sole medical practitioner and the role will involve on-going assessment and treatment of dancers, meaning you should have excellent skills in musculo-skeletal conditions/ sports injuries. You should also have the ability to create, develop and adapt rehab programmes.
Support will be available externally via email/ phone and third party referrals.
Essential Qualifications / skills:
• Physiotherapy Degree
• Membership of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy and Health Professions Council
• Able to work individually and in a team environment
• Organise and prioritise own caseload/ hours within call times
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (stage management, creative management, consultants, sports massage etc.)
• Excellent time and record keeping
• A strong work ethic
• Member of special interest groups such as Association of Chartered Physiotherapists in Sport and Exercise Medicine / AACP
• First Aid Certificate
Hours are working Tuesday – Saturday across rehearsals and performances, therefore it will be afternoon and evening work. This is a touring position therefore will be in a different UK venue each week. See website for tour dates: www.new-adventures.net
Wages are paid weekly and you will also be paid touring allowance and travel, and are responsible for booking your own accommodation and travel from each venue.
Applicants for this Role please include an up to date CV and cover letter to: [email protected]