Physiotherapy Job Summary:
We are looking for a Lead Physiotherapist to head up a small but busy department in our state of art, award winning Care Home!
The Lead Physiotherapist is responsible for ensuring the Physiotherapy Service Strategy is fully delivered and updated as appropriate to reflect current practice.
The aim of the Physiotherapy Service within the Charity is to enable improvement in physical ability and/or maintain existing abilities through varied and imaginative physiotherapy techniques. This includes the use of appropriate aids and appliances to support each person to feel a sense of hope, achievement and to maximize their independence, comfort and self worth.
• To ensure high standards and be professionally and legally responsible and accountable for all aspects of your own work including the management of residents in your care
• Be competent in the comprehensive assessment of the elderly, using advanced theoretical knowledge of anatomy, physiology and pathology.
• Interpret and analyse clinical and non clinical facts, which may be conflicting, using underpinning theoretical knowledge and experience to identify main problems and respond appropriately.
• Formulate individual resident care plans, using clinical reasoning, current evidence and a range of treatment skills.
• Demonstrate well developed dexterity, co-ordination and palpatory skills for the assessment, therapeutic handling and manual treatment of residents eg facilitation of movement and prescription and progress of programmes.
• Demonstrate a sound understanding of Clinical Governance and Risk Management and ensure its effective application to the work situation.
• Maintain patient confidentiality and dignity at all times.
• Use knowledge to refer to other health disciplines as appropriate for the resident.
• To be responsible for and ensure the management of wheelchair provision, maintenance and servicing appropriate for resident needs.
• To work with the Moving and Handling Co-coordinators to deliver Manual handling training for all staff at induction and annual updates.