Physiotherapy Job Summary:
As an MSK Physiotherapist, with appropriate clinical support, you are responsible for delivering a competent standard of musculoskeletal physiotherapy assessment and treatment to a varied selection of patients.
From initial assessment you will be responsible and accountable for devising, reviewing and completing appropriate treatment management programmes to the patient population. This will enable you to achieve successful clinical outcomes, in line with your regulatory body’s standards of professional practice.
As a MSK Physiotherapist, you will be provided with training and support through the MSK training and development programme.
Due to the varied nature of our nationwide business and operations, the role may require you to rotate between clinical sites within your region treating a variety of different patients. This can include working within our own internal clinical network, working on-site at customer clinics, carrying out domiciliary visits / work station assessments, and performing demonstrations.
Duties and responsibilities
- To abide by HCPC and CSP Codes of Professional Conduct, and work in line with all areas of CSP Core Standards of Practice, as well as Ascenti’s policies and procedural framework.
- To work as an autonomous practitioner in providing and delivering neuromuscuoloskeletal physiotherapy assessments and treatment plans to your own designated clinical caseload of patients presenting with various conditions, with support from your Clinical Mentor / Trainer where appropriate.
- To act independently to assess, analyse and provide a clinical diagnosis for individual patients to determine their need for physiotherapy intervention, and act independently to plan, implement, evaluate, treat and progress patient care to maximise rehabilitation potential.
- To use a wide range of physiotherapy skills including manual physiotherapy techniques, self-management advice, and therapeutic handling.
- To continually evaluate the effectiveness of interventions in meeting shared goals, and modify the individual patient treatment plan as necessary.
- To liaise effectively with your Clinical Mentor / Trainer and Network Manager on a regular basis in order to keep them up to date regarding the management of your own clinical caseload.
- To proactively support colleagues in the assessment, treatment and management of patients.
- To understand each patients’ needs and expectations from physiotherapy, and irrespective of their backgrounds and/or beliefs, to provide them with the quality physiotherapy service to the standards the company expects.
- To maintain up to date physiotherapy records on the Ascenti IT system in line with professional standards. These must be completed in a timely manner, whilst abiding by our internal procedures and Service Level Agreements.
- To be responsible for regular risk assessment of all Ascenti equipment, as well as both environment and working practices to maintain safety of self and others, adhering to the standards required under H&S and Clinical Governance.
- To triage individuals as required by telephone and complete appropriate paperwork and make accurate recommendations based on the