Physiotherapy Job Summary:
Premier Physical Healthcare, an established healthcare company, require a Senior Physiotherapist to join our team.
Premier Physical Healthcare was established in 1997 and has built its reputation on the highest standards of musculoskeletal practice and patient care across the private, corporate and public sectors.
We require a full time senior physiotherapist within the London region to work within NHS and private clinics.
- Excellent clinical knowledge
- Minimum 3 years clinical experience
- Marketing experience desirable
- Proficient IT skills
- Past experience in developing a clinical service desirable
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• To be professional and legally responsible and accountable for all aspects of your own work including the management of patients/applicants in your care. To ensure a high standard of clinical care for the patients under your management.
• To interpret and analyse clinical and non-clinical facts to form accurate diagnosis and prognoses in a wide range of highly complex conditions, to recommend the best course of intervention, and to develop comprehensive discharge plans.
• To represent Premier externally (locally, regionally and nationally) regarding physiotherapy service provided to patients/applicants.
• To undertake the comprehensive assessment of patients, including those with a complex presentation,
• To accept clinical responsibility for a designated caseload of patients,
• To provide spontaneous and planned advice, teaching and instruction to patients relatives and carers, to promote understanding of the aims of Premier and MSK physiotherapy.
• To provide advice to other physiotherapy colleagues and GP’s
• To provide specialist advice, teaching and training to other members of the MDT as required.
• To assess capacity, gain valid informed consent and have the ability to work within a legal framework with patients who lack capacity to consent to treatment.
• To maintain own clinical professional development (CPD) by keeping abreast of any new trends and developments, and incorporate them as necessary into your work.
• To be an active member of the CPD training programme by the attendance and delivering presentations and training sessions and by attending external courses and practising reflective practice.
• To communicate effectively and work collaboratively with all colleagues to ensure delivery of a coordinated service.
• To participate in the staff appraisal scheme and Personal Development Plan (PDP).
• To undertake the measurement and evaluation of your work and current practices through the use of Evidence Based Practice projects, audit and / outcome measures.
• To demonstrate a sound understanding of Clinical Governance and Risk Management and apply to work situation.
• To be responsible for your area of work, as agreed with the Senior Operations Manager and to plan and organise efficiently and effectively with regard to patients management and use of time.
• To decide priorities for patient management and ensure that these remain in accordance with best clinical practice.
• To be responsible for equipment used in carrying out physiotherapy duties, and to adhere to company policy, including competence to use equipment.
• To maintain accurate, comprehensive and up-to-date documentation, in line with legal and company requirements, and communicate assessment and treatment results to the appropriate bodies in the form of reports and letters.
To be actively involved in the monthly collection of appropriate data and statistics.
• To be aware of Health and Safety aspects of the job
Remuneration: 22-30k depending on experience
Premier Physical Healthcare is an equal opportunities employer.
Start date - June 19th 2017
Closing date - May 25th 2017