Physiotherapy Job Summary:
Our Physical Therapy department provides a variety of specialities including Physiotherapy, Osteopathy and Chiropractic. Over the last two years, the department has grown rapidly treating over 1000 patients a month. We are now seeking a dynamic, enthusiastic individual who can use an innovative approach to continue this growth while leading the team.
The department has more recently extended their services to include Women’s Health, Hand Therapy and the development of Shockwave treatment. Working with your department leads, you will shape and develop these services while considering the clinical direction of the hospital.
This opportunity will give the successful candidate the ability to build on their already existing management skills while maintaining their clinical skills, through clinical practice.
Responsibilities will include however are not limited to:
• Input to the clinical direction for the hospital, including the development, implementation and monitoring of specific clinical strategies related to therapy services.
• Manage the day-to-day delivery of the Physical Therapies service ensuring that a 24-hour service is provided to cover all elective and emergency interventions.
• To perform specialised assessment and treatment for patients with highly complex problems, demonstrating highly skilled clinical abilities and expertise within musculoskeletal Physical Therapies (in and out patients), underpinned by advanced theoretical knowledge of professional practice.
• To initiate and maintain staff understanding of local, clinical and administrative procedures in line with agreed policies and procedures, Health and Safety at Work Act, COSHH, MHRA and all other such relevant regulations and guidelines as appropriate to the delivery of independent sector services.
• Maintain excellent working relationships with the Executive Team Members, Heads of Departments (Clinical and non-clinical), Consultants and referring clinicians.
• Contribute to the budget planning and lead management processes in the Physical Therapies Department.
The ideal candidate will be a strong and empathetic manager who is able to gain the trust and support of their team, lead and implement change and engage with stakeholders at all levels. They will also:
• Possess Degree in either Physiotherapy, Osteopath or Chiropractic
• Be Registered with the Health Care Professions Council or equivalent
• Have extensive post-registration clinical experience
• Possess management experience in a Therapies department with some supervisory experience
• Significant knowledge of clinical and corporate governance and its application
• Genuine interest in the continuous development of self and team members.
• Enthusiastic, passionate and inspiring leader who has experience of managing change.