Physiotherapy Job Summary:
Premier Physical Healthcare, an expanding healthcare company, require an ESP Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist to join our team. Premier was established in 1997 and has built its reputation on the highest standards of musculoskeletal practice and patient care across the private, corporate and public sectors.
Premier require a full time ESP physiotherapist to assist with the exciting developments and expansion of the company running a triage service in GP clinics in the Fleet area.
You must have a degree in physiotherapy (graduate or post graduate), HCPC and CSP registration.
Patients with musculoskeletal conditions will be seen and assessed by the extended scope practitioner (ESP) who will make good use of pre-existing services such as exercises courses.
Appointment length will be 15minutes and patients would expect to be seen within five days, preferably within one to two days of them first contacting the practice. Following assessment the ESP will, as appropriate:
• Treat or advise on the day and provide a suitable exercise sheet and management plan
• Recommend a locally available exercise course
• Refer on to the existing AQP Provider for an appropriate course of treatment.
• Perform a joint injection (knee, shoulder, hand or wrist) working under an agreed protocol.
• Refer for imaging (x-ray, ultrasound, MRI) subject to countersignature by a GP
• Refer to a secondary care orthopaedic consultant subject to countersignature by a GP
• Identify problems that are more likely to have a cause which comes under the heading of rheumatology and request appropriate blood tests using a locally agreed protocol. These cases will be discussed with a GP
• Identify any “red flag” symptoms and discuss with the duty doctor on the day.
Premier physical Healthcare is a private limited company making commercial awareness an important skill. Effective communication, organisation and IT literacy are key qualities and efficient time management/time keeping abilities are vital.
Premier Therapy is an equal opportunities employer.
Salary: £42-45k depending on experience
Principal accountabilities / responsibilities
• Patient Care
• Note keeping
• Excellent assessment skills
• Activity Management Reporting
• Adhere to company policies and procedures
Start date - 1st November
Closing Date - 25th October 2017