Physiotherapy Job Summary:
Chartered Physiotherapist required for 1 Year Fixed-Term Temporary Contract (39 hrs a week) to provide specialist, high quality, evidence-based/current best- practise physiotherapy interventions including assessment, treatment and advice to Arena Clinic patients with various neuromusculoskeletal / sports injury / post-surgical orthopaedic / rehabilitation / pain presentations at a leading Musculoskeletal Outpatient and Sports Injury Rehabilitation Clinic based in Cork City. Currently employing 6 clinical and 1 administrative members of staff, the Arena Clinic services the clinical and rehabilitative needs of Mardyke Arena Members, UCC Students, Cork City FC, as well as the general public, using the Arena’s hydrotherapy pool, ALTER-G Anti Gravity Treadmills, and on-site Gym facilities. The Clinic also offers Physio-led Clinical Pilates Classes, and BACR Phase 4 Cardiac Rehabilitation.
Essential Job Requirements:
• Degree in Physiotherapy
• Membership of Irish Society of Chartered Physiotherapists (MISCP)
• Combined Professional Indemnity & Public / Products Liability Insurance to practice
• 3+ Years as an autonomous practicing chartered physiotherapist
• Demonstrable experience & competency of working in specialist areas of Musculoskeletal Outpatients, Sports Physiotherapy, Post-surgical Orthopaedics, Chronic Pain Management & Rehabilitation
• Demonstrable experience & competency in the delivery of clinical exercise & Pilates classes
• Post graduate qualification & Competencies in Acupuncture / Dry Needling
• Sports Pitch side First Aid / Trauma & Taping competencies
• Demonstrable experience & track record of working in a commercial practise with the ability to generate requisite levels of repeat business from clients
• ‘Team-player’ with multidisciplinary oriented approach
• Excellent communication (Written & Verbal)
• IT competency in use of electronic patient notes and IT-based diary management systems
Desirable Job Requirements:
• Post graduate qualification in Advanced Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy / Sport & Exercise Medicine / Sport Physiotherapy / Rehabilitation / Chronic Pain
• Post graduate qualification in Clinical Pilates
• Post graduate qualification in Hydrotherapy
To apply for this post please email your CV plus a one page summary (covering letter) to [email protected] Your application should provide clear evidence and examples demonstrating where you meet the criteria for the post.
Applications must be received by the closing date of 11th December, with interviews expected on weeks of 11th and 18th December 2017.
If you are invited to attend an interview we will contact you by email confirming the arrangements. If you have not heard from us within 14 days, we are afraid you have been unsuccessful in shortlisting for interview.