Physiotherapy Job Summary:
We are looking for an enthusiastic and driven Physiotherapist to ‘push the boat out’ with our 13-year-old son.
Has been trained in or (willing to be trained) in the 'Universal Exercise Unit' A.K.A Spider therapy together with Therasuit therapy
please see www.clern.es/metodo-therasuit or www.freddiefarmerfoundation.org.uk/about-the-centre for an introduction to this type of therapy; an open mind is needed!
Our son has Cerebral Palsy, with an underlying metabolic condition.
You will have worked with Cerebral Palsy children in the past and be willing to be trained on the therapies above. or know Bobath, Padovan or Peto.
As the candidate may be relocating, we are able to offer £25,000 PA on a self employed basis for the first six months, for you to find other work.
THEREAFTER it will be £30/hr - £40/hr SELF employed, min 10 hour per week
The job would entail:
* 2 hours per day, 5 days a week. Commencing at 8.30am
* Private gym situated near Poole Harbour, close to Bournemouth,
* Be willing to be trained to carry out Spider & Therasuit therapies
* Strengthen core muscles together with head and trunk control
* Stretching and massaging tight muscle and spasms
* Extra hours will be available for some afternoon and weekend work.
You will work with the Parents to develop a programme to target goals and monitor progress.
45 weeks per year, we are negotiable on Salary, hourly rate and time of day for the correct person.