Physiotherapy Job Summary:
Faculty of Health Sciences
Reference no. 948/0518
• Teaching and research role in Physiotherapy
• Collaborative and supportive team environment
• Fixed term, full-time preferred for two years or part-time 0.6 FTE minimum, remuneration package: Level B full-time base salary $102K - $121K plus to 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
We wish to enhance our established research and teaching programs with a physiotherapy appointment at Lecturer (B) level. You will join an established and highly-skilled teaching team and make a substantial contribution to the continued success of our well-funded research. For more information on our research teams please visit the following links:
Physical activity, lifestyle, ageing and wellbeing: http://sydney.edu.au/health-sciences/research/highlights/healthy-ageing.shtml
Musculoskeletal health: http://sydney.edu.au/health-sciences/research/highlights/musculoskeletal.shtml
Applicants with expertise in any area of physiotherapy will be considered. We are seeking to appoint a highly-motivated professional to make a significant contribution to our research and teaching programs. There will be opportunities to contribute to ongoing curriculum review, ensuring that our programs produce future leaders in clinical physiotherapy, health care, health research, and health education. This is a stimulating position that offers the opportunity to be involved in cross-disciplinary research within the Faculty of Health Sciences, throughout the University of Sydney, and with international partners.
In this role you will:
• teach into undergraduate and postgraduate courses in physiotherapy, take on responsibility for unit of study coordination and contribute to curriculum development
• pursue a research program in the area of physiotherapy including grant acquisition, presentations and peer-reviewed publications
• recruit and supervise postgraduate research students
• contribute to the Faculty’s academic program
• contribute to administrative aspects of teaching and research.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for a Lecturer in Physiotherapy who has:
• a PhD in a field relevant to physiotherapy or have evidence of submission of a PhD for examination
• clinical expertise in any area of physiotherapy
• a record of journal publications
• experience in research-informed teaching of physiotherapy at the tertiary level
• experience with research student supervision (desirable but not essential)
• experience in curriculum development and course coordination (desirable but not essential)
• excellent English language communication skills; and the ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team
• eligibility for registration as a physiotherapist with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
• postgraduate clinical qualifications in physiotherapy will be highly regarded, but not essential
• a vision for the future of Physiotherapy in a changing health climate as well as an understanding of changes in health and its impact around your discipline.
How to apply
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number to apply.
Closing date: 14 June 2018
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.