Physiotherapy Job Summary:
Therapist Coach /Practice Manager / (Newmarket Location)
Are you an experienced Physiotherapist who could inspire, coach and work, leading our fantastic team of massage therapists? If you’re looking to reduce your hands on hours, love working with a team of people and employment with flexibility in your day and working week, then this role is definitely worth considering.
This is a very unique opportunity. It will see you utilise your excellent interpersonal, communication & organisational skills in this pivotal position as Therapist Coach and Practice Manager. You will be the "glue" that binds the practice together through your inclusive and personal management style. With a team of approximately 7-10 therapists (both full & part time) you will take responsibility for the key performance & operational areas that makes the practice successful, combining that with your ability to lead by example as a practitioner. Your practitioner skills will enhance the treatment outcome for our clients, and give you a wonderful opportunity to continue the profession that you love, whilst developing the skills of those around you.
Reporting to the General Manager, you will be responsible for the key areas of:
• Staff Training and Education: Identify training needs, plan, run and facilitate training workshops for the therapist team.
• Flexibility to split your time to work as a manager (60% of your time) & a therapist/practitioner (40% of your time).
• Staff Management: Coaching, recruitment, performance appraisals, management, rostering, scheduling and day to day needs of your team.
• Ensuring operational best practice and efficiency from your reception team, by monitoring appointment scheduling, re booking, marketing campaigns and full utilisation of software systems with the support of the NMK Group Admin Coordinator.
• Input & research on innovation and business development strategies.
• An in depth understanding of client retention and the importance and impact of this on business, how to ethically and effectively support, train and develop the therapist team in improving all aspects of what affects this result to achieve outstanding client results and improve the reputation and value of the Remedial Massage industry.
The ideal person will possess:
• Minimum 3 years clinical practice experience.
• Previous experience in people management is preferred but not essential
• Exceptional leadership, cultural and teamwork focus;
• Experience & confidence to run technical & communication related small group workshops with both new & experienced therapists
• A high process improvement focus with exceptional attention to detail and time management;
• Financially and IT savvy with good reporting and systems experience;
• Immaculate presentation, highly articulate and relationship/ customer service orientated.
• Salary range $75,000 to $115,000 (depending on qualifications, patient load & prior experience in a managerial/leadership role)
• Flexible terms (flexible working hours & leave without pay)
• Personal & professional development budget
If you think you might be able to bring what is required to this role, there is an opportunity for a very rewarding career ahead, for the right applicant.
If you would like an idea of what previous No More Knots team members have had to say about working with us, please head here: http://nomoreknots.com.au/staff-testimonials
We look forward to hearing from you!
Please send your application to:
Kristy Donoghue | General Manager | [email protected]