Physiotherapy Job Summary:
Lecturer / Senior Lecturer in Physiotherapy
Faculty of Health Sciences
Reference no. 686/0418F
• Teaching and research role in Physiotherapy
• Collaborative and supportive team environment
• Fixed term, full-time preferred for four years or part-time 0.6 FTE minimum, remuneration package: Level B/C full-time base salary $102K - $144K, plus leave loading and up to 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
We wish to enhance our established research and teaching programs with a physiotherapy appointment at Lecturer (B) or Senior Lecturer (C) level. You will join an established and highly-skilled teaching team and make a substantial contribution to the continued success of our well-funded research. For more information on our research teams please visit the following links:
Applicants with expertise in any area of physiotherapy will be considered. We are seeking to appoint a highly-motivated professional to make a significant contribution to our research and teaching programs. There will be opportunities to contribute to ongoing curriculum review, ensuring that our programs produce future leaders in clinical physiotherapy, health care, health research, and health education. This is a stimulating position that offers the opportunity to be involved in cross-disciplinary research within the Faculty of Health Sciences, throughout the University of Sydney, and with international partners.
In this role you will:
• teach into undergraduate and postgraduate courses in physiotherapy, take on responsibility for unit of study coordination and contribute to curriculum development
• pursue a research program in the area of physiotherapy including grant acquisition, presentations and peer-reviewed publications
• recruit and supervise postgraduate research students
• contribute to the Faculty’s academic program
• contribute to administrative aspects of teaching and research.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for a Lecturer/Senior Lecturer who has:
• a PhD in a field relevant to physiotherapy (essential at Level C, desirable at Level B), or have evidence of submission of a PhD for examination (essential at Level B)
• clinical expertise in any area of physiotherapy
• a record of journal publications for appointment at Level B; an established publication record in high impact journals and demonstrated capacity for research grant acquisition for appointment at Level C
• experience in research-informed teaching of physiotherapy at the tertiary level
• experience with research student supervision (desirable at Level B; essential at Level C)
• experience in curriculum development and course coordination (desirable at Level B; essential at Level C)
• excellent English language communication skills; and the ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team
• eligibility for registration as a physiotherapist with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency.
• postgraduate clinical qualifications in physiotherapy will be highly regarded, but not essential
Intending applicants are welcome to seek further information about the position from Associate Professor Evangelos Pappas at [email protected]
For recruitment-related enquiries, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Melanie Leshetz on 02 8627 1220 or [email protected]
Please refer to the candidate information pack for further details.
Closing date: 11.30pm 10 May 2018