Physiotherapy Job Summary:
About the business and the role
Are you keen to be part of a vibrant, dynamic and highly skilled team of OTs and physios who love what they do? If so, you may just be the passionate and caring practitioner we're looking for.
- Full-time OT or PT position available
- Family friendly and flexible work arrangements
- No billable targets; quality-focused workloads
- Exceptional program of ongoing professional development and mentoring
- Generous remuneration
- If overseas based, 187 regional sponsorship for permanent Australian citizenship for the right candidate.
Allied Aged Care is an established Queensland-based company that thrives on exceeding the industry definition of "best practice" in everything we do. We're a holistic, care-centred and quality-focused organisation, committed to changing the world of aged care one treatment at a time.
Job tasks and responsibilities
You'll work both in collaboration with other staff and autonomously in community aged care and residential aged care locations near Cairns utilising a holistic approach to care for and treat your client. This includes:
-evidence based assessments and treatments
- delivery of complex pain management treatments including -
- comprehensive pain assessment and development of pain management plans
- pressure area prevention and treatment, falls prevention, functional, cognitive and mobility assessments
- delivery of community and residential care rehabilitation and exercise programs
- other Occupational Therapy and Physiotherapy services as required within the community and residential aged care sector, as well as private practice opportunity.
Your days will be focused on providing individualised care to each client and, as such, requires a high level of compassion, technical skills, problem solving ability, professionalism, reporting and confidentiality.
Do all this while participating in valuable professional development with our industry leading portfolio of OT and PT specific training for your PD portfolio - including hand therapy, mental health, pressure management, soft tissue therapy, splinting and many more.
Skills and experience
- Tertiary qualifications in Occupational Therapy or Physiotherapy
- AHPRA registration
- If overseas qualification must have at least an Australian Physiotherapy Council or OT council limited registration.
- Own vehicle and current class "C" Queensland drivers licence
- Experience in aged care is highly regarded but not essential, and we welcome applications from new graduates and other professionals eligible to deliver pain management treatments under the ACFI guidelines. (Overseas practitioners are also welcome to apply as we have extensive support from senior OTs & PTs.)
- Strong relationship building, communication (written and verbal) and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and capacity to work productively in a team
- Police check for working with the aged.
Job benefits and perks
Remuneration commensurate with experience (above award)
Structured and regular (paid) Professional Development
Flexible/family-friendly work arrangements
Salary sacrifice opportunities
If you'd like to apply for this exciting opportunity, click below to submit your current CV.
For more info on the role or Allied Aged Care, please call Alwyn on 1300 574 462 for a confidential discussion or head to our website at www.alliedagedcare.com.au