Physiotherapy Course Summary:
COURSE OVERVIEW & CONTENT:
The aim of this course is to introduce the concept of ‘Trigger Point Dry Needling’ to clinicians and develop relevant practical and clinical reasoning skills. It aims to improve a). Theoretical knowledge covering physiology of trigger points & their referral patterns, b). Indications, Contraindications of needling, c). Safe needling practice, d). Various needling techniques, e). Palpation skills and Clinical Surface Anatomy, and f). the concept of integrated therapeutic approach along with traditional manual therapy techniques.
A great emphasis is given towards indications, contraindications, technique & safety aspects of needling, and develop the concept of integrated therapeutic approach along with traditional manual therapy techniques. Superficial and Deep dry needling techniques form the core aspect of practical training and recent evidences are discussed.
Participants in the course are guided through brief overview of regional anatomy to augment needling skills. This course is complemented with real case studies and participants should be able to use the techniques immediately after completion of the course.
Trigger point dry needling of Lumbar erector spinae, Quadratus Lumborum, Iliopsoas, Gluteus-Maximus/Medius/Minimus, Piriformis & Short external Rotators, TFL, Adductors, Quadriceps, Hamstrings, Calf muscles, Upper/Middle/Lower-Trapezius, Levator Scapulae, Rhomboids, Supra- & Infraspinatus, Subscapularis, Teres Major & Minor, Latissimus Dorsi, Posterior Cervical Paraspinals and their attachments, and Thoracic Erector Spinae muscles are covered.
Upon completion of the course, participants should be able to:
1. Understand the physiology of Myofascial Trigger Points,
2. Understand patient’s pain/symptom presentation that involves predominantly myofascial component.
3. Identify Myofascial Trigger Points.
4. Understand all the Indications, Contraindications and Safety aspects of Dry Needling.
5. Improve clinical reasoning process to apply Dry Needling techniques in most appropriate conditions.
6. Perform Superficial & Deep Dry Needling techniques in a safe and effective manner.
7. Incorporate this in daily practice as another therapeutic tool.
1. No prior experience in needling or trigger point therapy course is required.
2. Trigger Point Dry Needling must be within your scope of professional practice.
3. Participants MUST have a valid a valid professional indemnity insurance covering training and practice of Dry Needling.
4. Participants will need to sign a document indemnifying the course lecturer, assistant & host.
1. Coloured course manual containing detailed anatomical illustrations, trigger point referral patterns and photographs and description of needling techniques.
2. Complementary one sharps box for safe needling practice.
3. Free practice needles for the course.
4. Real Case Studies and Clinical Reasoning for Trigger Point Dry Needling.
BOOKINGS & PAYMENTS:
PAY by PAYPAL/DEBIT/CREDIT card:
• Visit http://www.cohesivetherapy.ie/store .
• Click on the relevant course.
• Follow the instructions to make payments via Pay Pal account/Debit/Credit card and reserve your place.
PAY by Electronic Fund Transfer:
• Email [email protected] or Visit http://www.cohesivetherapy.ie/application-form to express your interest.
• Upon confirmation of your place, login to your own bank and make payments to this account in Allied Irish Bank (Cohesive Therapy Ltd. NSC: 934402, Account Number: 22789014, BIC: AIBKIE2D IBAN: IE55AIBK93440222789014)
• Use your NAME as reference.
PAY by Cheque/Bank Draft (place will be reserved upon clearance):
Payable to COHESIVE THERAPY LIMITED and POST to 10 ESKER WALK, ARDKEEN VILLAGE, WATERFORD, IRELAND