Physiotherapy Course Summary:
The Lyn Watson Level 1 Shoulder Course offers Physiotherapists the opportunity to gain an extensive clinical insight into the assessment, diagnosis, treatment and progression of shoulder rehabilitation from Lyn Watson.
Lyn Watson is a clinical Manipulative & Sports Physiotherapist working and trained in Australia. She is currently completing her PhD through Latrobe University on Multidirectional Instability of the Shoulder.
Lyn’s courses are constantly updated and based on her 25 years of clinical experience and the latest published research. For the last 25 years she has worked exclusively in Shoulder assessment, diagnosis, rehabilitation and management of elite athletes and typical everyday patients. Lyn has developed a unique, logical & progressive approach to the assessment and rehabilitation of the shoulder that has been presented around the world since 1992.
The course will provide the therapist with:
• An anatomical and biomechanical understanding of shoulder mechanics and pathomechanics
• A biomechanical understanding of the role of the scapula in shoulder function
• A logical strategy for the assessment of the GH Joint and the Scapula
• A framework around which the therapist can diagnose specific muscle dysfunction and select
appropriate treatment and rehabilitation strategies
• Mobilisation techniques for treating shoulder stiffness
• Assessment techniques for patients with any grade of capsuloligamentous laxity & instability
• Shoulder taping
• Lyn’s extensive Principles of Rehabilitation
Throughout the course Lyn also discusses the medical management and surgical interventions that are commonly used in treatment of common Shoulder conditions.
The course provides the structure to allow the Physiotherapist develop their clinical reasoning skills applicable to many common shoulder pathologies. There will also be a discussion regarding what is and is not substantiated by research in common clinical practice.
This Course is the pre-requiresite for attendance of Lyn’s Level 2 and 3 Shoulder Courses
SINGAPORE COURSE DETAILS:
Date: 15 to 16 September 2018 (Sat & Sun)
Time: Approximately 9am to 5pm (Timing TBC)
Location: Camden Medical Centre, Singapore
Cost: SGD 950 (inclusive meals - tea break & lunch)
Registration for a spot in the course is confirmed upon payment.
Please contact Physioactive to book your place!