Physiotherapy Course Summary:
In this 1.5 day course you will learn how to use RTUS to assess and retrain stability muscles.
You will be introduced to neural techniques and learn phasic muscle downtraining, using RTUS – to refine and improve your exercise programming.
* Fundamentals of using RTUS as an assessment tool
* Using RTUS to assess Transverse Abdominus (TA) & Pelvic Floor (PF)
* Cues to assist with TA/PF retraining
* Basic stability & progressions for TA, PF and diaphragm
* Downtraining phasic muscles including external and int/ext obliques, hip flexors/adductors and hamstrings
* Refining upper and lower limb neural mobility testing to improve recruitment of stability muscles; and to identify drivers that may be distal to a local area of pain
* Introduction to RTUS hip assessment - quadratus femoris - to enable hip stabilisers to be recruited correctly
* Hip stability strengthening from basic to intermediate level and exercise progressions using basic equipment
* Small workshop numbers 8 - 10 to allow closely supervised tuition
* You will improve and refine your stability assessment skills and learn basic recruitment to intermediate level exercise progressions
* The techniques learnt in the course will assist you in treating all musculoskeletal problems, both peripheral and spinal
* Your exercise programming will move to a new level of expertise both for 1:1 treatments, and group classes.
* At the completion of this course, you will be competent to use RTUS in your clinical sessions.
You do not need to own a RTUS machine to benefit from attending this course. We have various models of RTUS machines available to use for you to trial. You are most welcome to bring your own unit to the course.
Course Date: March 3rd and 4th, 2018 ______________________________________________________
Presenter: Francine St George
Call today to reserve your place: 02 9399 7399
Please visit our website for more details on this and other courses: http://www.physiocoachingacademy.com
Workshop Venue (Sydney, Australia):
Physio Posture Fitness Clinic
Wales Medical Centre
Level 4, 66 High Street, Randwick