Physiotherapy Course Summary:
How do you decide if the pelvis is the primary driver of altered function vs the thoracic rib complex or cranium? When the pelvis is the primary source of altered body function, what treatments will be most effective, in what order to restore function?
This 2 day course is taught by Dr Barb Hungerford & builds on the articular and Muscle Energy Techniques for the Pelvis & lumbar spine taught in her Level 1 course and expands into whole body assessment to determine the primary source of impairment. You will then learn how & when to manipulate the SIJ, vs how/when to integrate myo-fascial releases, neural and dural techniques into treatment, and when a motor control and lumbo-pelvic stability exercise rehabilitation is indicated. Pre-requisite: Treatment of the Pelvis & Lumbar Spine Level 1 course.
• Review anatomy and biomechanics of the pelvis and lumbar spine and the definitions of joint stability and functional load transfer through the lumbo-pelvic region
• Apply a biomechanical model in order to define dysfunction in the lumbo-pelvic region
• Present a biomechanical framework as a basis for assessment & differential diagnosis of articular and muscular function in the lumbar spine and pelvic region, and alterations to lumbo-pelvic stability
• Provide practical sessions during which muscle energy and articular techniques for specific Musculo-skeletal dysfunctions of the lumbar spine and pelvic joints are reviewed.
• Discuss the application of specific manipulation techniques for the sacroiliac joint, with practical application
• Integrate myo-fascial techniques, neural mobilisation, and SINGS techniques as part of a wholistic approach to treatment of the lumbo-pelvic-hip regio
• Application of a specific exercise program for retraining lumbo-pelvic stability