Country
    Flag of Portugal
    Current Location
    lisbon
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Portuguese physio...recognition....to australia ?????

Advertise your physiotherapy job on Physiobob's Job
    Hello, there to everyone.

I´m a Portuguese Physio, since 2003...finish the 3 years degree and than in 2010 ..the bachelor (4 years)...decided to have experience first.

I´ve been working in the major areas of physiotherapy here in Portugal (Musculo; Neuro and Resp. In present day I’m working in Geriatrics (Aged Care - since 2004)...Finish in 2010 a 5 year degree in TCM (Tradicional Chinese Medicine). I lecture on public and privates schools (assistant in physiotherapy) for 7 years.

Want to get recognition in Australia as a Physio, but some doubts still persist...and i hope that someone could give some advice and help...

In advance i would like to say thanks in clarifying my doubts...

1rst – What are the initial procedures to start the recognition process?

2nd- I Know from previous posts, that i have to do a written test?..this is, during or after the accreditation course? How long will it take to make the exame? .i guess this is equal to all overseas physio courses or there´s exceptions???

3rd – If i pass the written test....than i only can work in limited registration?...how this works ?....
    4rth - Do someone have any idea, how much time it consumes,(all of the process)?

A million questions still need answer but with time i guess they will disappear...mostly there is a fear that the labor market isn´t to good in Physiotherapy....but even worst....Went to Australia..and start from zero....and took years to start working in a profession that i´m developing from the past....11 years...

Best regards

PS: sorry about my english...i promise...with IELTS...i will improve it...