Member Type
    General Public
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others
    Brief Medical History Overview

Unhappy Bowling Knee Injury

Physical Agents In Rehabilitation
    Hi,

I decided to be a good sport (no play on words intended) and go bowling with my husband who has bowled for years and years. I was on a league once upon a time maybe 30 years ago. I haven't gone bowling in all that time. I had hurt my knee weedwacking a couple of weeks prior that seemed to occur because of a twisting motion. Two balls into the second game, I felt a pop in the back of my knee and I went down. I had to have assistance to stand and couldn't put any weight on my leg whatsoever. I applied the RICE technique and didn't go to the doctor until 2 days later.

The doctor said my knee cap and the sides of my knee seemed stable. He said he thought it was a "bad sprain". No x-rays or anything else were taken as he said tears and things like that didn't appear until later. He tried to get me to bend it but it hurt badly. When he pressed on any part of my leg or knee it didn't seem to hurt at all.

It has been 5 days now. The second day I could put a little weight on it enough to hobble around without a cane. I have tried to bend my knee but I can bend it ever so slightly and not nearly enough to have my foot placement directly under my knee. I have looked at the symptoms of the ACL and PCL injuries and it seems more likely that it's the PCL but just wanted your feedback. By the way, there is not much swelling. Only a small amount around my knee cap is visible.

Thanking you in advance for a reply.

Cheri