Thread: Jones Points

Forum Member Array
    Member Type
    Other
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Jones Points

Taping
    I have recently discovered a technique involving the use of Jones Points located at various places over the body. It has been very successful particularly with Cervical spine pain. Has anyone heard of this treatment and if so would you have any more info regarding its use.

Similar Threads:

Forum Member Array
    Member Type
    Other
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

re: Jones Points

Jone's ideas on treating his points may be considered one of a range of techniques collectively known as positional release. They work very well in practice to reduce overactivity in muscles. The practical principle that links all of these techniques is that the body is positioned in such a way to reduce the activity, and hence tension and tenderness of particular key points and that position either maintained or followed for a period of time (often 90 seconds) considered long enough for the muscle to stay relaxed. Possibly best overview: Leon Chaitow - Positional Releas Techniques. Any help?

Forum Member Array
    Member Type
    Other
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Josh,
    I'm pleased that you have come across the work by Lawrence Jones. His latest book (strain-counterstrain) is available at RMIT bookshop (1800830330). My colleague and I are teaching classes around Australia that incorporate counterstrain. For more info check out www.manualtherapyinstitute.com

Forum Member Array
    Member Type
    Other
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Must have Kinesiology Taping DVD
    Josh,
    I'm pleased that you have come across the work by Lawrence Jones. His latest book (strain-counterstrain) is available at RMIT bookshop (1800830330). My colleague and I are teaching classes around Australia that incorporate counterstrain. For more info check out www.manualtherapyinstitute.com